Manoj Kumar Mahapatra was born in 12th May 1949 in the night, pre-dawn which was Thursday. This day was Buddha Purnima or Chandan Purnima or Vaisakhi Purnima. He is the fourth son of his father Jatindra Nath Mahapatra and Mother Sushila Devi. They are five brothers and one sister. His birth place is Guamal in the district of Bhadrak. Odisha.
1. He passed class-III from Gandapada lower primary school of Guamal Revenue village.
2. He passed class-V from Sadanandapur Upper Primary School.
3. He was admitted to R.N. High School Dolasahi and read from Class-VI to Class-XI and passed High School Certificate Examination from that School in 1967.
4. He passed Pre-University (PU) Examination of Arts from Bhadrak College of Utkal University in 1968.
5. He passed 1st BA from BJB College Bhubaneswar in 1969.
6. He Graduated in Arts from Utkal University in 1972.
7. He passed MA in Public Administration from Utkal University .
8. He passed LLB from Utkal University .
9. He passed MBA (Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management and Industrial Relation) from Punjabi University, Patiala.
1. Ferro-Chroma plant of IDC of Odisha. Jaipur Road.
2. National Mineral Development Corporation- Govt. of India Undertaking.
3. Steel Authority of India- Bokaro Steel Plant.
4. Oil Orissa-NDDB and Odisha Govt. Project.
5. Indian Metals & Ferro Alloys Ltd. (IMFA).
6 After retirement from IMFA as General Manager (HR) on 31-12-13, Now working as Group Advisor (HR & CSR in Serajuddin Mines, Yazdani steel & power, Yazdani international & NITIDIN newspaper-group of companies.
1. Vice —President. Akhila Bharat Vivekananda Yuva Maha Mandal-Odisha state Branch. BBSR.
2. President, Ramakrishna- Vivekananda Pratisthan, Pokhariput. BBSR.
3. Chairman. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Memorial Trust, Bhubaneswar.
4. He actively particpates & presides various literature & spiritual based programmes as speaker
5. He is the publisher cum editor cum owner of a quarterly Odia magazine " UTTISTHATA" since 2007.